Our single family income is never stretched further than at Christmas and birthday shopping.
We know how to stretch a dollar when it comes to shopping, but let’s be honest…gifts can be expensive.
And Amazon just doesn’t provide the same level of cheap shopping that it used to.
Somewhere along the line, I heard of a company called Rebaids. Their claim-to-fame is offering huge rebates on Amazon products that are processed directly to a check that you get in the mail.
Color me curious. And color me skeptical.
As the saying goes, “If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.”
However, my mom instilled in me an absolute love of a good deal. If you mix that with a slight sense of adventure, I decided to give Rebaids a try.
100% honest here…I was not at all disappointed.
This page contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
What is Rebaids?
Basically, it’s a platform for Amazon sellers to get their stores built up so they appear higher in search results.
That benefits us, the buyers, because they are willing to offer limited amounts of their items at huge discounts so that their stores show more sells.
Rebaids is the middle-man. They coordinate with the sellers and send the rebates to the buyers after the ‘offer’ you chose has been redeemed.
I look at it as a ‘you scratch my back and I scratch yours’ type deal where we both get something out of the purchase.
There are some definite pros and cons to the program, though, which you should be sure to read below!
How does Rebaids work – in a nutshell?
When you sign up with Rebaids, you are given a basic account. You can search and redeem any offer that is available by purchasing the item on Amazon and submitted your order # to Rebaids.
Once the confirmation has been processed, they will issue your check to you. The check can take 5-6 weeks to arrive, but after you make at least 3 purchases and your account is at least 1 month old, you can opt to pay $1 to have it processed as a direct deposit.
All the banking is handled through Citizens Bank, so there is a certain level of comfort that it’s not a fly-by-night scam.
What kind of things can you find rebates for?
So this is a long and changing list.
There are literally 100’s of items that come and go from Rebaids, depending on which Amazon sellers are trying to get their shop going.
You won’t always find something that suits you. And if you’re looking for a item and specific brand, this probably isn’t for you.
If you’re looking for a birthday or Christmas present for a pre-teen girl or your husband, you could definitely find something interesting and fun. Especially if you plan in advance and check back more than once.
There is everything from PPE to back massagers and bras to stickers and suplements.
There is a search function where you can narrow down the options if you’re looking for something in a certain wheel-house.
Reasons Rebaids Rocks!
- You can literally buy things at 100% discounts. No kidding. As I’m writing this, I’m patiently waiting on a back massager to have more available. It’s currently sold out but tells me when more will be available. When I get the rebate, I’ll be getting the item for free. FREE. If I hadn’t done it before I’d find it hard to believe.
- There are so many things available. It’s actually pretty fun to get on there and poke around because you’ll find things you never would have thought of before. And the only difference between these and the items you’ve heard of is they are new brands who are just looking to break into the market.
- The system works. I’ve done it several times before and there really isn’t any catch-22. It operates exactly as advertised.
- It’s free to join and there are no membership fees.
- All your purchases are through Amazon. You do not have to give your credit card to an outside organization and you are still covered by the same customer service as any other Amazon Purchase.
Is Rebaids too good to be true?
There are some downsides to Rebaids that you should know about before you purchase.
- You have to purchase the item up front. You are paying the full price and will only receive a rebate after it has been processed. If you are short on funds on the front end, you might struggle until you get the rebate.
- You can only take advantage of 10 rebates a month, when you are starting out. Your account will be reviewed once a quarter and that restriction will be increased over time. But if you’re wanting to do all your Christmas shopping on Rebaids, you’ll probably want to spread it out over several months.
- The paper check takes a long time. 5-6 weeks is quite a wait. You CAN get a direct deposit, but it will cost you $1. I understand the cost…direct deposits aren’t free to process. But I also don’t particularly like paying extra fees like that.
- You are limited to the items that are available. In other words, you won’t always find something you want/need.
Should you try Rebaids?
Based on the fact that I’m even writing this, I obviously believe Rebaids is worth trying.
Like I said, I LOVE a good deal and there are some seriously good deals available.
You just need to be prepared to deal with the one or two downsides I mentioned above.
If you look at it as a fun way to get free or almost free products, it will be stress-free and pretty awesome. But if you go into it expecting to get all your necessities for free you will probably be disappointed.
Honestly though, it’s a free program and works exactly as advertised. If you manage your expectations, there really isn’t any downside!
If you want to give it a try, sign up here.
Don’t forget it. Pin it!