If you’re looking for a super easy, super delicious, super kid-friendly Mexican dish, these zesty cream cheese chicken enchiladas are for you! With a tiny bit of prep work, you can have these ready for a week-night dinner that will give you the “Wonder Woman” feels.
1 pound chicken breast
2 16oz cans red enchilada sauce – medium heat
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
1 pack softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp dried minced onions
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Boil enough water to cover 1 pound of chicken breast. Approximately 8 cups.
- When the water has boiled, add the chicken. Cook until no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 435.
- Chop or shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Add the seasonings and green chiles. Mix.
- Add the soup, sour cream, and softened cream cheese. Mix.
- Pour 1/2 a can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Put a strip of filling down the center of the tortilla. About 1/2 cup of filling per tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly and place in the dish.
- Continue until dish is full and chicken mixture is used up. It will be 6-8 tortillas, depending on how full you made them.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce onto the enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread cheddar cheese onto the top of the enchiladas.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican