This quick and easy yellow squash recipe is packed full of flavor and comes together with very little work. Infinitely customizable, healthy, and goes with just about everything!
3 small summer squash
1 small yellow onion
2 bell peppers
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter – replace with 1 tbsp fat of choice for paleo/vegan
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt – or more to taste
- Peel and dice onions into approx 1 inch pieces. With 1 tsp olive oil, soften them in a pan on low heat on the stove. Stir occasionally.
- While onions are cooking, dice bell peppers into approx 1 inch pieces.
- Remove ends from squash and peel. Slice squash in half and remove seeds. Dice squash into approx 1 inch pieces.
- Add vegetables to pan with onions.
- Add butter (or fat) and seasonings.
- Stir together. Turn stove to high-medium.
- Stir every 5 minutes for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are at desired softness.
- Serve and enjoy!
-For paleo/vegan, replace the butter with 1 tbsp of olive oil or desired cooking fat.
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: summer squash, yellow squash, paleo, vegan, primal, gluten-free, healthy, veggie stir fry