Sourdough – check. Cranberry – check. That’s not a long list, but it’s enough to know this bread is everything you want it to be. Slightly chewy crust. Soft center. Delicious cranberries. You can eat this delicious sourdough fruit bread as dessert or as a perfect side to a holiday meal.
130 g sourdough starter 130 g lukewarm water (just not cold) 160 g plain flour + 110 g plain flour 1/4 cup milk (fat content doesn’t matter) 1 tbsp white granulated sugar 1 tsp active dried yeast 1/2 tsp salt 40 g dried cranberries 1/2 tbsp butter
- Mix together 130g starter, 130g water, and 160g plain flour.
- Allow to sit for 8-12 hours. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours if sitting for longer than 12 hours.
- Mix milk, sugar, salt, and yeast into dough.
- When mixed, add the remaining 110g flour.
- Mix until flour is fully incorporated.
- Add the cranberries.
- Hand mix for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and stretchy. Alternately, you can use a stand mixer and mix for 5 minutes until dough is not longer sticking to sides of bowl.
- Oil bottom of loaf pan with 1 tsp oil.
- Transfer dough to loaf pan. It will be sticky!
- Cover and allow to rise for 2-4 hours, until dough is even with the top of the loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Remove bread from oven and brush the top with butter.
- Return to turned off (but still warm) oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bread and let cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Sourdough Bread
Keywords: cranberries, sourdough, holiday bread, dessert bread