1 lb ground beef
1 bag – 32oz – tater tot bites
1 block full fat cream cheese
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp minced dried onions
1/2 tsp salt
1 + 1/4 tsp ground black pepper separated
2 tbsp ranch dressing mix
1 tbsp seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In saucepan, combine the cream cheese, soup, and milk. Warm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In skillet, combine the beef, minced onions, salt, and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Brown on high heat until there is no pink.
- Spread the beef evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Spread the tater tots over the beef layer. Try to eliminate as many ‘bump’ as possible.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix, seasoning salt, and remainder of the pepper evenly over the tater tots.
- When the cream mixture is smooth, slowly poor it over the casserole. Use a spatulate to cover as many tots as possible. Jiggle the dish to make sure the mixture has made it to the beef layer.
- You can refrigerate at this stage. Cover the dish completely with foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before putting into warm oven.
- Place on a rack in the middle of your oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Add an additional 20 minutes if chilled. The internal temperature should reach at least 165f for the casserole to be done.
- After baking time, remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to over for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!